I am getting a breast lift/ augmentation in about 20 days. I'm curious as to what size I should go?

I have been a DD from nursing and being pregnant. I haven't been sized recently but i am wearing a 32 c but its all skin and barely fills out the cup. My stats are as follows: 5'3 1/2 I'm 109 pounds. Id like to be a D maybe even bigger.

Choosing the Right Size Implant

Choosing the right size implant depends on many factors including your desired outcome, "breast footprint", lifestyle, body type, weight etc.. Your surgeon, who's seen you in person, is going to be best equipped to give you a recommendation. Once he or she does, I would suggest measuring out the recommended cc's in rice, placing them in a ziploc bag and putting them in your bra. Walk around for the day and see how it feels. This is a great way to get a literal idea of what your new breasts will look like. 

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Desired size post lift

I generally will do the lift first and once that is pretty much done then make the pocket for the implant.I will have several sizes and will put one in that fits and gives my patients nice fullness and cleavage.Generally a D cup.If my patient is a smoker I do it in 2 stages.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation/mastopexy

With an augmentation and lift it is not advisable to go too big because the lift part of the procedure will make the skin much tighter which will make it difficult to place an overly large implant.  

John Burns, MD

What Size Implant

Thanks for your great question. The size of implant to use is going to be highly dependent upon the dimensions of your chest, the amount of extra skin you have and the quality of your skin. . . Be well...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

When it performed a breast lift with implants the most recommended is s not too large implant volumes, to avoid carrying a lot - a not so good quality -breast skin (That even this need of a breast lift for better skin tone).
The rule is:
higher implant volume = greater weight over skin = greater breast fall.
In this regard, the main purpose of including an implant when we make a breast lift is to provide breast consistency, rather than just providing much volume.
Finally, i recommend you send us your photos, to give information of interest.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Need more information to recommend an implant size

Without photographs and an exam it is not possible to make implant recommendations.  I would be concerned if your breasts are all skin then it may mean you have some degree of breast sagging and may need a breast lift.  Need a examination by a plastic surgeon. 

Implant size

It is difficult to tell you what is the best side for you without an exam in person as well as a discussion of your goals. Your anatomy will dictate the shape of the given implant.

Simple - go online and find preop photos similar to your anatomy with post op photos of the look you prefer. Show these to your surgeon. Any good artistic surgeon can then find the right implant to get you to that type of appearance. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Size Choice

Dimensional sizing for breast augmentation involves taking careful measurements of your chest/breast, and choosing a small range of implants which fit your base width, then range in volume and projection.

Based on you expectations, desired look and your individual measurements, your Plastic Surgeon will be able to provide an implant to get you close to your goal. I recommend that you try on sizers in office because the way you feel about the size in your clothes will be more useful to you than guessing at cup sizes. We cannot guarantee a bra cup size.

All the best