It seems as though my skin stretches awkwardly when I smile. What procedure would be recommended? (Photo)

My question is how may I describe what is going on with my nose/eye are when I smile. It seems thought my skin stretches awkwardly when I smile, if I were to resolve this issue, what procedure would be recommended and what would this issue be called?

Facial Enhancement Options

Hi there, 

The lines that you are describing can be addressed with neuromodulators like Botox/Dysport to relax the activated muscles you see when you smile, or it can be improved with the use of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers to help fill out the area for more voluminous appearance. A consultation with a board certified cosmetic plastic surgeon or a dermatologist would be the first step in receiving a customized skin care program catered to your skin type, and to your specific concerns. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Xeomin, Botox, Dysport to smile lines

Hello Ceebab,

If the area you are concerned with is the area on the sides of your nose that flattens when you smile, you can use Xeomin, Botox or Dysport in that area to relax the muscle. I would recommend having an in office consultation to determine what is best for you. 

Hope this helps!

Patricia Faraz, MD
Ladera Ranch OB/GYN

Smile Solutions with Botox and Lasers

I'm not sure I completely understand, but if you mean the slight wrinkles that are caused with smiling-this can be treated with lasers and botox. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.