I am a hairstylist, so I am in my feet all day. How long before I can go back to work?

Downtime.

Laser liposuction under local anesthesia allows you to be back on your feet immediately.  You can go back to work as soon as you feel up to it, even 1-2 days!

Cedar Park Family Physician

Lipo

Usually 5-7 days after liposuction buy depends on your areas done. Make sure to wear your garment and compression stockings. Take frequent breaks during the day. 

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Take time to heal

Typically hairstylist are on their feet all day.  When doing liposuction of the lower legs you can get more swelling when being on your feet for extended periods of time.  It is best to check with your surgeon but typically you would want to start with half days and work your way up to full.  Most patients can go back to work at about 2 weeks  (sooner for sedentary work) but this depends on the area that was treated. 

Kimball M. Crofts, MD
Orem Plastic Surgeon