Do I have a muscle flexation deformity and what causes this? (photos)

I had my breast surgery one year ago and can significantly feel the bottom of the implant in my left breast.. There is also a constant uncomfortable heavy feeling in the bottom of that breast and when I flex my chest muscle it pushes the implant out towards the middle of my chest. Is this normal??? I have a 405cc implant in my right breast and cannot feel any of it and a 445cc implant in my left breast as it was slightly smaller.. I have gone from a 12C to a 12E

Do I have a muscle flexation deformity and what causes this?

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

Flexion Deformity

Hi there 
It looks like the dimensions of your smaller breast were to restrictive for the size of implant you have .
This is most likely due to the distance from your nipple to the fold being too short on that side .

There are ways to overcome this but it is a complex situation and you would need a consultation to help you choose the best path .

Cheers
Terrence Scamp  

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

Flexion deformity

You will need to have your Plastic Surgeon assess you in person to determine if this might relax/smooth out over time or if minor revision is required.

All the best

Double bubble

It is not uncommon to be able to feel your implant but what may be happening is what is known as "double bubble." This can happen because the implant is higher up by the first "bubble" but the breast tissue is sagging and shows up as the second or lower "bubble." This can also be due to the natural inframammary crease being the first bubble and the new inframammary crease being the lower bubble. Often times, this is apparent soon after surgery because the breast "remembers" the old inframammary crease and this can resolve with time. Sometimes if the tissue is not released enough the memory of the tissue can remain and lead to this problem. It is important to maintain follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon and have an examination for accurate diagnosis and treatment. Best of luck, MMT

Flexion deformity

Yes, you do have a flexion deformity from abnormal muscle attachment. This also results in a double bubble.  Unfortunately, this can only be corrected through surgery. Please see your surgeon or any other board-certified  plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation. Best.

Zakir Sabry MD

Double bubble

You have a little bit of a double bubble which is caused by the attachments of the muscle to the under surface of the breast. It is a type of flexion deformity.