I'm 5'5, 109 lbs, and A/AA cup. Will 450cc high profile silicone get me to a D cup? (photo)

5'5" 109 lbs 27" ribcage - breastfed three babies, was a 'D' naturally, now I am A and AA, looking to be a D again, will 450cc high profile silicone get me there? I have lost volume, but you can tell I used to have larger breasts, the skin is stretched out a lot,but not saggy, just deflated. I got up to a size 30 H when breastfeeding! (HUGE! So that's why the skin is so stretched) Thank you! :)

Implant Selection

Thank you for your question. It is much better to accurately discuss implant volume and projection with an in office exam and detailed measurements.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements/characteristics. I use these measurements to help me during the sizing process to guide you to a safe result for your chest wall and just as important, one that meets your end desires.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor. The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant. It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you during the sizing process.

In addition, review of photos and use of rice bags can be very helpful to the patient and surgeon in achieving a safe and happy result. Close intereaction and involvement from your surgeon during this process can help alleviate the anxiety and fears of choosing the right size.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Wanting D cup

I would probably recommend moderate plus profile versus high profile.I think they look better and there are fewer problems with them.You should be a D cup or close to it depending on the bra maker.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I'm 5'5, 109 lbs, and A/AA cup. Will 450cc high profile silicone get me to a D cup?

Thnaks for your question and photo. Implant sizing and profiles are best determined by a personal consultation. Asessments made on photos alone are limited. That being said, I agree with you that a 450cc is what I would suggest. However, I would choose a moderate plus profile asoppose to the high profile. In any case do lots and lots of research before embarking on this journey.

I abhor the fake look. There is nothing attractive about a woman with stiff coconut breasts on her chest that don't bounce or behave the way a natural breast does.

I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have practiced in the"land of breast implants", Miami, for the past 29 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthsiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact our institute. I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.
Good Luck, Dr. PG

Deciding on Implant Size and Type

Thank you for your question.  Breast augmentation should help fill out your skin envelope and will likely give you the appearance you desire.  Trying on sizer implants at your plastic surgeon's office is a good way to get an idea of what you will look like with that size in clothes.  One very helpful tool is 3D imaging which is best done with the VECTRA 3D imaging system.  It allow you to see yourself in all angles as you are now and as you could be with implants.  Another way I like to get the correct size for my patients is to have them print out photos of before and after patients that they think are a good size as well as some that are too small and too big.  This helps us get an idea of the size the patient is truly looking for.  Bra sizes are not standardized and many patients are not in the correct bra size to begin with.  So your version of a D cup may not be what my idea of a D cup is.  The aforementioned techniques help clarify what you are hoping for in regards to size with the augmentation.  Breast implant type, texture and projection are important considerations as well.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

When trying to choose implant size

the simplest way to do this is with either external sizers at your surgeon's office or you making 'sizers' at home using rice and knee hi nylon stockings... 1.75 cups of rice would create a 420 cc sizer.  You can put this in an unlined bra and visually appreciate what that will look like on you.  You could also make sizers to fit your old D cup bras.  As long as your body dimensions allow the implant to fit, you have a lot of latitude with volume.

Curtis Wong, MD

450 implants

If you have decided on a specific volume implant, then a simple test is to perform a baggy test. Best of luck.

Will 450's equal a D cup?

Thank you for your picture. I would focus less on the cup size and more on the look that you desire. Visit with several board-certified plastic surgeons articulate your desires and bring pictures of . Your plastic surgeon should tell you you whether this look is achievable and with what implant style and size.

Choosing the Right Implant

Thank you for your inquiry on breast augmentation.
  • The size sounds right but there are two things to remember – bra sizes are not scientific and a woman can ‘fit’ a D in one bra style, a C or even B in another. 
  • Also the final decision really rests on your surgeon’s measurements and recommendations, the implant fitting your chest and the look you want – after trying on a range of sizers. 
  • Also your breasts are asymmetric – be sure you don’t need a small lift on the lower lying one. 

450cc's to a D cup?

Thank you for your question and photo. As many have pointed out, it is difficult to give you a precise answer since there are many factors that go into sizing for a cup size.  Ultimately, it is the projection of the breast that helps determine the cup size for a bra.  Having a narrow chest helps since the diameter of your chest is small, adding a relatively large implant will get you 4-5cm of additional projection which will get you where you need to be.  In short, you should be quote close to a D cup with 450cc implants. 
Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Can I be a D Cup Again

As many have stated, there is no standardization in the bra industry. The most important thing for you is whether your breasts have the capacity to handle the size implant that you want. This is mostly based on your breast base width. While you seem to have a large skin envelope that can be filled out with a larger implant, when you are sized in surgery that will be the final determination. I would simply tell (or better yet show them a photo off a website such as implantinfo.com) your surgeon the look that you want. It is much easier to match a photo than to match a presumed bra cup size.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon