Variation in incision line for a potential forearm lift.

I am very slender and oddly have laxity in my lower arm area as opposed to my upper. If the laxity is minimum but bothersome enough to do something about, I have heard the incision line can sometimes go either in the crease at the bend of the inner arm OR sometimes be hidden in the elbow. This as opposed to a long scar down forearm. Is this possible?

I agree that the scar placement can be tailored. If there is little fat left, you should end up with minimal tension on the scar and a nice result. Sometimes with minimal laxity, you can get "thermitight", a non-surgical skin tightening, along with circumferential "safelipo". Make sure your package price includes at least three fractional CO2 and vascular laser treatments to reduce your scar.

Lower arm lift - where is the scar?

Thank you for your question about your lower arm lift.
  • Laxity of the lower arm is unusual - compared to the upper arm.
  • But yes, a lift can be done at the crease or at the elbow, depending on where the looseness lies.
  • To know what is best for you, a consultation is necessary.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hello, this is true... but it really depends on how much laxity and where the laxity is. Your best bet is to see a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine your arms and let you know your options. Good Luck. 

Generally speaking, "short scar"  operations of the upper extremities tend to be limited when it comes to achieving significant outcomes.  Also generally speaking, forearm "lifting" procedures would be considered very unusual,  given that significant laxity of tissue in this  area would be very unusual. Please be careful with your decision-making. Best wishes.

Hello, and thank you for your questions. There are many options regarding brachioplasty surgery and where the incisions maybe place. you may also consider more minimally invasive procedures if the laxity is minimal such as vaser assisted liposuction.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

Many patients would like to have improved appearance of their arms. Some patients are able to have minimal invasive surgery with liposuction or SmartLipo of the arms. This involves removal of the fat from the arms. The SmartLipo also introduces heat energy from a laser which can cause the skin to contract and reduce the "loose" tissue.
In some patient's however, this is not possible and a full brachioplasty is necessary to achieve the sculpted arm that the patient is looking for.
For lower arm rejuvenation, it may be possible to have the excess fat removed with minimally invasive liposuction.