Which Surgeon would you pick for a Tummy Tuck?

I need help deciding on which surgeon to use for a Tummy Tuck. Both have accredited operating rooms in their office. Do I select a board certified surgeon who is also Chief of Plastic Surgery at an average rated hospital, uses a CRNA, charges $7000 for a Tummy Tuck OR the surgeon who does a lot of marketing and costs $9800 for a Tummy Tuck and has a board certified anesthesiologist in his office.

Hi. This is a very personal decision. Are they both certfied by the Americn Board of Plastic Surgery? A lower or a higher price does not necessarily reflect the surgeon's talent. The fees and costs involved should never determine your decision. Have you had a chance to see before and after photos? How many did you see? IMHO a patient needs to see many. Anyone can have the great successful result but are they consistent? 

Did you speak with previous patients? This is so important. It not only offers you an opportunity to view the results but to speak to the patient about the doctor's bedside manner, compassion, availabilty, staff , etc.

As far as an MD anesthesiologist vs a CRNA, again, it depends on the talent. I use an MD anesthesiologistbecase I have worked with him for years. I have also used very competent CRNAs. I encourage you to speak to previous patinets regarding their anesthesia experience. I wish you the best. Good luck, Dr. PG

Picking the right surgeon

I would ask your primary care doctor and also maybe speak with some former patients.Also experince ie how many of these have you done?Refernces and recommendations also matter and at the end of the day where do you feel the most comfortable?Who took time to talk and explain everything to you?

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Choose the board certified plastic surgeon with whom you have good rapport and takes his time with you. View many before and after photos and choose the plastic surgeon who you think will produce the finest results for you. Best wishes !

Sam Gershenbaum, DO
Aventura Plastic Surgeon

How to choose a plastic surgeon.

Both surgeons and board certified.  In my practice we use board certified anesthesiologists. I think I would have to ask you which surgeon and which office you feel the most comfortable with. This should be a factor in making this decision. Best wishes! 

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Always a certified plastic surgeon that is your key to safeness anywhere

there is a great diference in preparation, responsability and qualty between a certified plastic surgeon by "ASAPS" and  any one than do not  belong to any of these associations so my council do it  in the proposed way in blind eyes

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

board certified plastic surgeon who uses MD anesthesiologist with great before and after pictures and reviews

Very personal decision. With all presented contingencies offered I might ask the more expensive surgeon to lower fees to see how much he wanted to operate upon me. If I was the surgeon I would do a discount to so I really wanted to operate on you. Just my opinion.... 

Difficult question.
Board Certified Anesthesiologist over a CRNA is a preferred option.
The Before and after pictures will give you a good guide and more importantly who did you feel most comfortable with. Cost is an issue only in the absence of value.
Good luck

I would not choose a surgeon based on price or advertising.

Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital and anesthesia should be administered by an appropriate fully trained anesthesia provider. Many surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored.

If a member of my family underwent a tummy tuck, it would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. If you are serious about undergoing this procedure, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Simple answer

Whose work do you like better.  There are other considerations.  Definitely board certified anesthesiologist over a CRNA.  Is expired being used.  Are you staying overnight? And how bad is your deformity.  You have to decide which surgeon you want.  Good luck in your choice.