Small hole after breast reduction? (Photo)

Hello! I'm almost 3 months post op from having a breast reduction and today I noticed this small hole opening. It looked like a blister and oozed a bit .. Of course this is upsetting since everything looked like it was healing great for several weeks now. I will be stopping into my surgeons office tomorrow morning but would like some input for peace of mind.

Delayed healing after breast reduction surgery

3 months out from surgery I agree that most wound healing issues should be resolved, however this may be one of a couple of things, amongst which are a small draining fluid collection (seroma or fat/oil cyst) or a "rejected" suture that makes its way out from the deeper levels of tissue and comes out of the skin. It's good that you're making an appointment with your surgeon again to get this checked out. It is most likely something that will heal up by itself in a short amount of time. 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Wound healing after breast reduction

Wound healing issues can arise after breast reduction. Pinhole opening will close on its own with local wound care. Best, Dr. Yegiyants 

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Wound after breast reduction surgery…

I'm sorry to hear about the new onset wound you are experiencing. You should be aware however that wound healing problems can occur after breast reduction surgery;  with local wound care,  these wounds generally go on to heal over the course of a few weeks.    Continue to follow with your plastic surgeon who be your best resource when it comes to local wound care. Sometimes, removal of an exposed suture in the wound expedites the healing process.Best wishes;  despite the wound healing problem, it is most likely that you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.