I had a tummy tuck 4 months ago and don't like how it looks. What do you recommend surgery wise to make it look better? (Photo)

I had an extended tummy tuck 4 months ago and I am not happy with the way it looks. What do you recommend I do to make it look better surgery wise? Thank you :)

Unhappy tummy tuck patient

It is hard to make a judgement unless you see the pre op.Also what is that you do NOT like about your new look? My suggestion is to go back and discuss this with your original surgeon and if not satisfied then get a second opinion.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I had a tummy tuck 4 months ago and don't like how it looks. What do you recommend surgery wise to make it look better?

Much easier to compare the befores to your posted afters if posted. Therefore very hard to tell if your result is acceptable to great. Obtain in person second opinions as a first step.  

Although I think your question is a fair one, I think ( if I were seeing you in consultation), I would ask you the question: what is it about your outcome that you would like to see improved. Therefore, I would suggest that you communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon in front of a full-length mirror; working together, you will come up with the best plan to help improve your outcome. Best wishes.

Appearance of scar after abdominoplasty surgery

Healing after any surgery may take 6 to 12 months to see the best results.  If you are unhappy with a result after Tummytuck surgery, try to wait at least two months further before considering corrective surgery.  I am not opposed to a revisional procedure to improve the quality of the  scar, but give it a longer time to let your current scar mature a little longer. Most importantly, follow the advice of your Plastic Surgeon.

Good luck to you 

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Mediocre Results

Thank you for your pictures.  You result could be better.  I would wait at least 2 more months before contemplating revision. 

TT results.

While your overall result is significantly improved over your preop status, yor are the one that needs to be happy with the result.  So, this is a reasonable question for your surgeon.   You should decide and verbalize exactly what it is that you don't like about your result. Your surgeon should then relate to you exactly what surgery he/she would recommend to correct those areas of concern.  A second opinion from a qualified plastic surgeon may of help to you in deciding to undergo revisional surgery. 

Harlan Pollock, MD