Overwhelmed with so many options. Please let me know what's best for jowls and deep wrinkles around the mouth (Photo)

48 y/o. Lost 80 pounds, deep wrinkles around the mouth. Jowls . Please let me know. Don't want a full face lift .

The best treatment for jowls and deep wrinkles around the mouth

A comprehensive lower face neck lift addresses tightening the facial muscles, tightening neck muscles, tightening loose facial and neck skin, and  removing fatty deposits in the neck. For many examples and more information, please see the link and video below

Treatment of facial aging with sagging and jowls.

The treatment of what you have which is excess skin and jowls can only be treated with a full facelift. Options such as fillers Botox etc. will give minimal results and you are wasting your money. 

Facial Aging

Reversal of facial aging requires a facelift.
Any other less procedure will give minimal or no improvement but wasting money.

Hi. IMHO you need a face/neck lift ok with possible fat grafting or injectable filler. I applaud you for the weight loss. Good luck

Weight loss effects on face

There are several options but you have to remember if you have loose skin you have to generally cut it away.One very popular technique now is to do fat grafting to the face to fill in areas and couple this with peels to help lessen wrinkles is also a good tool.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Overwhelmed with so many options. Please let me know what's best for jowls and deep wrinkles around the mouth

But you need a FULL FACE/NECK LIFT... Fillers would be an option but the volume needed to fill the sag would cost thousands of $$$$. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON opinions.. 

What is Best for Jowls

Thank you for your question. Please understand that your quandary isn't all that unusual, because there are many options to address the signs of aging in your face. Secondly, the amount of information that is available can be very confusing and contradictory. For these reasons, it is most important that you see a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon to help target your concerns and understand which options are viable and those that are not. That having been said, if you are concerned about jowls, a Facelift is the gold standard for addressing this problem. Good luck in your search. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excess facial skin and deflation require a supported composite lift and fat grafting to restore volume.

In your case specifically you will be poorly served by less than a well executed deep tissue supported face lift. any "mini lift" or nonsurgical procedure will surely leave you disappointed.  the are around your eyes requires volume replacement with fat grafting.  I would perform a composite lift and fat grafting.  doing one without the other would be suboptimal.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.