Why is my left breast somewhat stiffer then my right? (Photo)

I'm 5 weeks post of and had 600 cc saline implants. Right after surgery my left breast was very swollen and very bruised. My right breast was slightly bruised but not as bad as my left. Now 5 weeks out my right breast is soft has no pain and has dropped . The bruising in my left breast has gone away but now I've noticed it's stiffer closer to the nipple area. Which is the way the implant was placed. Is it to soon to think about it being a capsuel? Could it just be healing slower then my right?

Early in the healing process

At this point you are early in the healing process. Your implants will continue to settle and soften with time. Follow up with your surgeon if you have concerns.

Regards,

Why is my left breast somewhat stiffer then my right?

Please see your plastic surgeon for an examination to rule out a capsular contracture although that would be unusual this early.  Based on your photos my assumption is the right breast was larger and lower and was able to accommodate this large implant easier than the smaller breast.  Please get an exam by your surgeon.

5 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
Its too early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Swelling

This is likely swelling of the breast parenchyma in the area of the peri-areolar incision.  This can take several months to resolve.  Massage in the area daily can help.  If the rest of the breast is soft, then this localized stiffness is not a capsule but localized swelling.  

Only in person second opine examination allows a determination if there is an implant position issue, capsule starting, other issues? 

Stiffness

From your description, you may have had a small hematoma. You may be experiencing prolonged/increased inflammation from that. Discuss this with your surgeon in case he/she has any recommendations for helping it along in the softening process.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

L stiffer than right

I would suspect based on photos and your commentary that you may have had a hematoma or fluid collection on the left side causing the hardness.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon