How do I find the best cosmetic Plastic Surgeons in South Florida for Tummy Tuck?

I'm back to square one looking for a PS that SPECIALIZES in Tummy Tucks in South Florida. I'm looking in Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Miami, Tampa, Ft. Myers and Naples. I've been searching online and don't see a lot of Tummy Tuck pictures for all the Plastic Surgeons. How do I find the best of the best?
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

How do I find the best plastic surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the best surgeon starts with finding a doctor who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in the areas you are interested. You should then look at their background and where they trained, etc. Looking at online reviews such as Real Self or Google+ to see what actual patients are posting both good and bad is very helpful too. Once you narrow it down then see several surgeons and make sure you look at their portfolio of patients. A lot of patients do not like to have their photos on the web, but are okay with the physician sharing them in their new patients consultations. Once you do all that is comes down to feel and who you click with. This may be based on a variety of factors, but is important for the success of your surgery.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Seeking cosmetic plastic surgeon

Obtain a list of plastic surgeons in your area from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Look at their websites for before and after pictures of patients following tummy tuck procedures. Schedule one or more consultations with several of these surgeons. Evaluate the surgeon, their staff and their facility. Hopefully you will feel a connection with one or more surgeons and their practice. Ask to speak with one or more of their patients who have had a tummy tuck with this surgeon. Online reviews can sometimes be helpful, as well.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
 I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Seeking Cosmetic Surgeon

I would recommend consulting the American Society of Plastic Surgery website. Doing a bit of research can help you find which surgeons you are interested in, and will give you a chance to review an array of before and after photos. Visiting local board-certified surgeons is also an option. Speaking with them and viewing examples of their work can also help you to choose a surgeon.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Finding the best plastic surgeon

There are several factors to look for when choosing a plastic surgeon:  Look for board certification.  Contact your PCP or OBGYN and ask them for a recommendation. These physicians typically see a lot of plastic surgery and will refer you to the surgeons who have "good" work.  Ask your friends. Most women know of someone who has had something done. Lastly, call a few office and ask to speak to the patient coordinator. Ask them what sets their surgeon apart from the rest. Schedule a few different consultations so that you have a comparison. Best wishes!!! 

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon