Crepey forearm skin-age 49. Any suggestions?

I am 49 and have begun to have crepey skin on my forearms. Would your recommend Fraxel or Smartskin CO2 for this issue(Or something else?)? I have actually considered a forearm lift although this is far less common than brachioplasty, but wish to see if one of these helps first. Would most plastic surgeons offer forearm lift or is this highly specialized? Thank you !

Doctor Answers 3

Thinning sun damaged skin on Arms

Thank you for your question and this is a common area of concern for many of our patients.

If your looking at non-surgical solutions to improve the quality of skin on the forearm area I'd recommend a combination of Thermage /Ultherapy and Fraxel. 

Even if you move forward with surgery in the future, the quality and appearance of the skin will be much improved with the above therapies. 

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 221 reviews

Crepey forearm skin-age 49. Any suggestions?

If there is loose skin AND underlying soft tissue of the arm, then the Ulthera® laser (Ultherapy®) laser is the current gold standard treatment for lifting and tightening. If skin is crepe because it is lax, or loose (skin alone, no fat or muscle), then consider radiofrequency laser treatments such as Viora® or Exilis®.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Creepy Skin and Arms

A combination of Thermage and Fraxel should best help improve this problem area.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.