My breast implants look strange in the center. Is it muscle distortion? Can this be fixed? (photos)

Had saline implants switched to silicone 1 year ago. Over the past few months there is a very distinct change at the center of the implants. The shape is distored,I don't have cleavage like I did & the muscle looks like it is doing something to the inside center of the implants. Maybe pushing them to the side? I'm athletic and I box. Doc told me it was fine to resume normal activity quite some time ago. Can this be fixed? Should I go back to the same doctor? Is this how they should look?

Breast shape under the muscle with silicone implants

Your breast shape would appear to encourage a slightly sagging breast  shape which you seem to have.  I can't be sure that you have this problem without a full examination, but this should be possible by your Plastic Surgeon..Perhaps a moderate profile silicone implant, either round or tear drop appearance, may be appropriate for you.  You may want to consider this reduced fullness in an implant,  offering more width to the breast without the most intense projection.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Distortion of implants?

Your photos do not show the problem that you are describing very well.  An exam in person would be better.  Otherwise you look very thin and muscular.

Distortion as breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to fully assess your issue just by photos alone without a full examination. Seeing you animate your pectoralis muscles might give a clue as to what is going on. You could also have early capsular contracture which is causing your breasts to look different than when you initially had the surgery. I would recommend seeing the same doctor since he knows your anatomy and what he/she exactly did during the procedure.

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Loss of cleavage

From your photos it looksas though you have had some stretching of the skin envelope and your breasts are pulling lateral.I would go back to your surgeon and discuss this with him.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon for physical exam

I suggest you go back to your original surgeon to get this checked out, since it's difficult to see what your concern is in these photos. Since you're quite muscular, this may be affecting the appearance of your implants.

Concerned with center of breasts

Thank you for your pictures. I think you result's pretty good. Pictures of your breast prior to any surgery and your breast prior to your implant exchange to silicone would be helpful. Physical exam would be helpful.  I'm not real sure what your goal may be but I am guessing that surgical correction may not be helpful.

Fat grafting for clevage

You have very strong pectoralis muscle. You need to limit the pectoralis work out and may try fat grafting to enhance cleavage.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage dstortion after implant exchange

I agree with the others that the distortion you describe is difficult to appreciate on these still photos, I would really need to see you in person and do an exam.  All that being said, it is an accepted risk that with submuscular/dual plane implants you will have animation deformity.  Given your fabulous physique, I suspect you are getting some distortion from your strong pectoralis muscles.  For some women, a subglandular implant will correct this, but you have to have enough Breast tissue to hide the implant and accept a slightly higher capsular contracture risk.  Again, an in person exam would allow me to make the best recommendation for you!  I hope this helps!

Melinda Haws, MD

My breast implants look strange in the center. Is it muscle distortion? Can this be fixed?

Very hard to agree with you. But after in person examination maybe the issues would be more understood...???

Breast implants look strange in the center.

Thank you for your question. An in person evaluation and past history is required to provide an accurate answer. That being said, your pectoral muscles appear well defined and may be the cause of the widening. 

Please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD