Breast implants due to cancer. One side is soft and jelly like and smaller. Other side is hard

Hard and soft impalnts

I suspect one side that is hard is severly encapsulated ie scar tissue and the other side is not and the implant may be ruptured but I don't know how old the implant is.I would see a plastic surgeon to get evaluated.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Agree with my colleague Dr Hartog. Best to see your Plastic Surgeon to discuss.......................

Hardening around breast implants and the Lipoflap procedure

It sounds like you have hardening or capsular contracture around the implant on the hard side. Unfortunately this is very common with breast implants for cancer reconstruction. We specialize in conversion of the implant reconstructed breast to one reconstructed with your own fat, a procedure we call the Lipoflap procedure. This is usually the best option to improve the softness and the feel of the breast when capsular contracture occurs.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD