Should breast implant be high 6 weeks post op? (Photos)

6 weeks post op and left breast is really high. I am a bit concerned since the right breast looks correct.

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
This could happened but is not usual or normal.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards 

Implants

It is a bit concerning that the one implant is still high while the other one is down already, but you should give it a few more months.

Should breast implant be high 6 weeks post op

Thank you for your questions. It can happen and not unusual implants descent at different rates, Please talk to your PS about displacement exercises to your breast. Please express your concerns to your PS.

Implant too high

This is unusaul and I would go back to your surgeon.You could try wearing a compression band across the top to push it down.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Should breast implant be high 6 weeks post op?

If after 3 months sill in high riding position as seen in the posted photos ONLY revision surgery to lower them can help, sorry.

Breast implants - one implant still very high

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.
  • I agree your left implant looks very high.
  • See your plastic surgeon for a six week check and discuss what needs to be done to encourage it to settle.
  • Implants do settle at different rates - one always settles first.
  • It can take as long as six months -
  • If it doesn't settle by then, or earlier, you will need a revision.
  • I have found that having my patients go braless does help.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other. In cases where significant breast asymmetry persists, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Sitting high

Some women may take a full 6 months for the implants to settle. However, there are some nonsurgical treatments, like ultrasound, that can be helpful. I would suggest discussing this and all your concerns with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon