Bellini vs Lollipop with Saline implants? (photos)

I'm a 49 yrs old trying to make the right decision. I've had 2 consultations: one doc said I'm a perfect candidate for Bellini technique while the other said that would be wrong and I'll end up with a flat areolar area due to stretch caused by the tension of the implant (350-425 ccs). I just LOATHE the lollipop effect. What other options do I have? I'm not looking for super perky breasts, instead something that looks more natural and age appropriate. The reason why I prefer saline vs silicone.

Augmentation mastopexy

I would strongly encourage the lollipop incision or the anchor incision for a breast lift.  The Benelli approach does limit the length of the incision but leaves the nipple/areolar area "flat" and can have unfavorable scarring that is very difficult to correct.

Dr. Luong

Edina Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy/aug

That is great about plastic surgery.go to 4 docs and get 4 opinions.I would for sur edo a peri areolar reduction to make your areolas smaller and maybe a small vertical component.Between saline and silicone for sure silicone but the choice is yours.I also woulkd consider doing some fat grafting to your breasts to give you more fullness above and better cleavage.You could suction say your tummy and use this fat.This would make it lok more natural.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Bengali or Lollipop ( vertical) lift

Based on the size of your areolae and degree of ptosis I would recommend the lollipop or vertical pattern. Usually the scar extending down from the areola is much less noticeable than dilated or starburst areola oftentimes seen with Benelli or ciircumareolar lifts.  Regards.

Benelli vs. lollipop with saline implants

Thank you for including photos from different angles!  In my experience with patients that have a similar amount of sagging, the best result is obtained from a vertical (lollipop) lift.  A Benelli lift is under-powered for the amount of ptosis you have, and willl lead to flattening of the breast in the center.  Although I have never personally had any patient who found the scars from a vertical (lollipop) lift objectionable, it might be helpful to explore with your plastic surgeon your specific concerns about this.  Best wishes for a beautiful result you love!

Lift

If you are interested in a natural look, then a Benelli lift with an implant would be appropriate.  it would reduce your areola area and lift it slightly.  The result will still be slightly ptotic and natural in appearance.  

Ultimate Breast Lift method

Thank you for your question and photos.
You do have another option. If you are happy with your current volume, you do not need breast implants to achieve upper pole fullness. Take a look at the video below to see what current breast lifting techniques can achieve.
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Bellini vs Lollipop with Saline implants

I think by you saying you want a super perky breast that you take the Benelli lift of the table. Benelli lift of the table. I think you will need at least a lollipop lift and more likely some type of anchor lift to give you a super perky look, otherwise you are going to have to significantly downgrade your expectations.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast lift with Implants

Thank you for your question. I would recommend a full breast lift with implants in your case as you present with a grade 3 ptosis (sagging) any other procedure will not give you the best results and you will need to redo your surgery. Look at many before and after photos to compare to breast similar to yours.

Good luck!

Thank you for your question and photographs. Unfortunately I think you will not obtain a satisfactory result with only a Benelli lift. You have a moderate amount of breast sagging and excess skin to your breasts that will need a more powerful lift to reposition.  I would recommend either a vertical or perhaps anchor type incision pattern based on tissue quality and skin excess. Hope that this helps.

Benelli vs lollipop

In plastic surgery, particularly in breast surgery, there's always a compromise - shape vs scar. In other words, if you want a better and longer lasting shape, you have to be willing to accept more scars.  Yes, a Benelli Mastopexy can be done with a permanent suture to keep the areola from expanding but long term stability in terms  of shape, may still be an issue. Thanks.

Zakir Sabry MD