I'm a 38A, 174Lbs, 5" wanting a full C, but don't know how many cc to get? Please help (Photo)

Right size implant

When I do a breast aug I will pick several sizes and when I get into the operating room I will try different ones till I get you full with nice cleavage but overstuffed or fake looking.So maybe for you 300 to 350.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Needs a Consult to Determine Size

Thanks for your question.  Breast augmentation requires a consult to have the doctor and patient discuss the patient's desires, current breast shape and size and possible options for breast enhancement.  We do a series of measurements of each patient, photo analysis with 3D imaging and sizing using implants under a bra to get an approximation of the look the patient is hoping for.  Additionally, we like the patient to bring in photos of before and after breast augmentation surgeries to show us ones that she thinks are just right, too big and too small.  With all of these methods, we then come to an agreement with the patient of the implant size and type we plan to use in the actual surgery.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

How many cc's?

More important than an absolute implant size or cup size, is how you want to look. I recommend trying on different sizes of implants in different tops to find the look you are trying to achieve. You may find that being a c-cup is actually bigger or smaller than you want to be. Height, weight, body shape, and natural breast volume all affect the final appearance. Find a board certified plastic surgeon that will help you find the right size to make your surgery results satisfying to you. 

David F. Klein, MD
Concord Plastic Surgeon

I'm a 38A, 174Lbs, 5" wanting a full C, but don't know how many cc to get? Please help

Breast measurements and an exam are the best starting point. You can try different implant sizes in a bra and get a feel for what would be the best option for you. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your photograph, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice (regarding specific breast implant size/profile) to be truly helpful.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. In bra sizers can be useful communication tools also. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during the communication process.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers).
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

In the right ballpark

If your band measures 38 inches, I believe 275-300cc(max) is a cup size for 38-40. I would recommend high profile silicone implant to lift you more and add upper fullness. Your surgeon is giving you good information.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  The best way for you to determine the size implant that meets your overall desired goal would be to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and try on various sizer implants.  This will allow you to visualize how you will look an then you and your surgeon can create the surgical plan that works best for you.

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

Try on implant sizers.

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! best, Dean Vistnes, M.D

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

I agree as an over the internet guess. Best to obtain in person opinions from boarded PSs in Florida. Good Luck....

What size implants is a full C-cup

Modern implants come in various shapes, styles and sizes and it is important to have an implant that fits your chest wall and breast dimensions. Once these measurements are obtained, the volume of the implant can then be more appropriately chosen. It may not be possible to completely predict if you are a full C cup or a small D cup (as these breasts are essentially the same breast). What is important is that you and your surgeon have an understanding of the breast size you are going for, not focusing on a 'cup' size. For instance, if you have photos of breasts that you like and that have similar body style to your body shape, that is helpful in guiding your plastic surgeon on the size of implant for your augmentation. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who can show you many different before and after photos that he or she has performed and that is also good starting point for you.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon