I'm 26 yrs, chest is 18inch, 38A, 165lbs, and 5ft. Would you recommend 550cc or 650cc? (photos)

I tried both sizes on I didn't tell that much difference. Something sexy but not to huge... A mommy of two Boys

Implants are not enough

Your breasts have asymmetrical volume, shape and position.A lift is essential to correct these abnormalities.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with The Horndeski Method™.The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

What size aug

Looking at your photos i think 550 would be plenty big and may be stretching the envelope.I always tell my patients that breast is like a balloon.The more air you put in it the bigger but the harder and more un natural it is.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I'm 26 yrs, chest is 18inch, 38A, 165lbs, and 5ft. Would you recommend 550cc or 650cc

Hi... thank you for the question and photos.... there are many techniques today to decide an implant size (testers, 3D images, etc)... But remember larger implants, more risk of early ptosis

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Try on sizers

The best way to determine the size for your personal perception of the perfect breast is to try on sizers. This way you can see how they fit on you, how they add to your current volume, and whether they fit your frame. Although the surgeon can guide you, only you will be able to tell what is the right size. Try on sizers.

Implant Sizing

Choosing the size of your implants can be difficult and provoke some anxiety. Your surgeon will determine based on several measurements, skin quality and stretch, as well as your desired goals what sizes will be most appropriate. Going beyond the size your body dimensions will accept can lead to higher risk of problems in the future.

Best Regards,
Dr. Stutman

Ross Stutman, MD

I'm 26 yrs, chest is 18inch, 38A, 165lbs, and 5ft. Would you recommend 550cc or 650cc?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.  
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” or "sexy but not too huge" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Personal preference

If your chosen surgeon suggested these size to you and says they will both fit your frame, it comes down to personal preference. If you already tried on both size implants and didn't think either was too big then I would say go with the bigger one so you don't regret choosing the smaller of the two. Hope this helps. Good luck. Dean Vistnes.  

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Good implant sizing systems to help patients determine the volume may wish.

There are sizing systems available that will allow you to try on both of these volume implants. Your surgeon will then choose the profile based on the anatomy of your chest.