How is upper breast tissue changed by a reduction?

I have asymmetrical breasts, one is a C cup and the other a B cup. I plan on getting a reduction once they stop growing. Currently my larger breast is fuller on top than the smaller one, due to the difference in size. I know most reduction techniques remove tissue from the lower part of the breast. When I get them reduced, will the tissue in the upper part of my larger breast be lower or flatter, to match my smaller breast?

Breast reduction

Depending upon the technique used, the upper pole can also be reduced as well. Best of luck and you re right to wait until you have stopped growing.

Breast Tissue Changed By Reduction

Asymmetric breasts can pose a challenge to make even during breast reduction, but there are techniques that can be done to make the upper poles more even, including internal flaps and fat grafting for fullness.  Alternatively, there are maneuvers that can be done to flatten the more full breast if that's desired (liposuction)  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon who will evaluate your breast shape, and come up with a good plan for your procedure.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon