Swelling 5 days after Belotero in forehead. No swelling in other injected areas. Dr says wait 7 days but not changing. (photo)

Belotero injected in forehead dent that was caused from cortisone injection. Also had acne scars in chin done since I had some left over. Chin area had no swelling. My forehead looks like the filler material went to more places than just the small dent in my forehead. I have a pertruding line that runs more than halfway up my forehead and down to the top of my nose. This seems like a big area of "swelling" for such a small area that was injected & it concerns me since the chin has no swelling.

Swelling: A Common Side Effect of Belotero Balance Injections

Common side effects after Belotero injections are similar to other like products:   swelling, bruising, redness, hardness of the skin, altered skin color and itching. Some people experience swelling around the nose . Most all side effects resolve in 7 days. If it appears that too much product is still present in 2 weeks, it can be reversed with Vitrase .   We suggest follow up visits in 2 weeks to perfect results!

San Juan Capistrano Physician

Swelling from Scar Injections

It appears from the photo that you have too much product injected into a small scar or a great deal of swelling from the small injection.  If it does not resolve in two weeks you should return to your treating physician for Vitrase to dissolve the area. Lasers such as eMatrix work extremely well for scars. Best, Dr. Green

Belotero and Swelling

Id suggest firm pressure 10 mins three times a day.  If not better in 2 weeks, consider reversal or try venus legacy treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Injecting Fillers Into Scars

Swelling after filler injections can take up to 2 weeks to fully resolve. If it persists after 2 weeks then the filler can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase. Injecting into scars takes a lot of skill. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon