Can I get a Tummy tuck? I had lipo to the lower abdomen about 3 years ago. (photos)

Can I get a tummy tuck? I had lipo to the lower abdomen about 3 years ago. SInce the lipo I have loose lumpy skin. Ive gained significant amount of weight as well. The surgeon did not touch the upper abdomen so Im left with more fat deposit on upper stomach. When I pinch my stomach Im able to grab a handful of fat.

Be carful

Yes you can get a tummy tuck, however, because of the uneven lipo you may not get a smooth skin even after doing a tummy tuck.  Also, you need to know that the best results will be obtained with a full as opposed to mini tummy tuck.  Make sure to have your surgeon show you before/after photos of patients with your situation so you can see the results (make sure the photos show sitting front and quarter turn photos)

With weight gains after contouring procedures

you will develop funny looks.  With what you pinch, you could benefit from a procedure that would remove excess skin and liposuction the upper abdomen that wasn't done.  BUT in order to do this, you have to have your weight issues under control so focus on that first and when you are at a stable weight you are able to maintain with your lifestyle, then go see a plastic surgeon for options.

Curtis Wong, MD

Tummy Tuck After Liposuction

Tummy Tucks can usually be performed after Liposuction. This may be desirable for all the usual reasons for Tummy Tucks, children and weight loss being the most common, but can also be used when liposuction results are irregular, and smooth the results of loose skin after liposuction. Each case must be evaluated on an individual basis, because adequate circulation is required for a Tummy Tuck to heal properly. Seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in-person consultation to see if you are a good candidate.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Post lipo tummy tuck

I agree with the other surgeons that an abdominoplasty with muscle repair should give you a good result and should be able to improve most of the contour defects. There are many board certified plastic surgeons in our area who should be able to give you a nice result. Good luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin after LIPO

Hello,  thank you for your question and photos.   A TT would be an excellent treatment for you.   With this procedure we can resect the excess of skin on the lower abdomen.    A muscle repair should be done as well. Have a great day . 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

TT after liposuction

Skin laxity and irregularities after liposuction make you an excellent candidate for abdominoplasty with liposuction. You should schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has a good reputation in TT surgery and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon