Significant indentation after stomach lipo. As you can see upper abdomen has fat and lower has none. Will this go away? (photo)

Significant indentation after stomach lipo. As you can see in pic upper abdomen has fat and lower has none. Will this go away? Will this continued to look uneven?

Post Liposuction Irregularities - Massage, RF Treatments (Velashape, Venus Legacy, Vanquish, Exilis Ultra) with Compression

You can try RF treatments such as legacy, exilis, vanquish or cellutone/z-wave as well as massage, but you may end up needing revision surgery in the future. I suggest seeing a body shaping expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - stomach indentation

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I assume your surgery was 6 months ago or more - and this is your final result.
  • You need an examination to determine what is the best treatment.
  • It may be anything from a liposuction touch-up with fat transfer to a tummy tuck.
  • Please let your surgeon know of your concerns.
  • If your surgeon is not a plastic surgeon, this is the time to consult one.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Undesirable results from liposuction

It is unfortunate the results from your procedure did not meet your expectations. There are several reasons why patients can be left disappointed after liposuction or other body contouring procedures. The main two reasons are either that procedure was not technically done correctly the second is that the patient was not a great candidate for the procedure in the first place. Sometimes it can be a combination of both. If you are more than three months out from your procedure then you can consider these results permanent or close to permanent. Without having complete information such as before pictures, Knowing how the procedure was performed, it's hard to give an accurate assessment as to your final results. I suggest following up with your plastic surgeon and sharing your concerns. Perhaps you're a candidate for some type of revision procedure. Alternatively you could get a second opinion from one or more board-certified plastic surgeon's who have expertise with liposuction. Most plastic surgeons have experience with liposuction but there are a few who are two experts in the field. My practice is almost exclusively devoted to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fat transfer. I have answered over 3000 patient questions on RealSelf. 99% of them are in regards to liposuction if I transfer. It's generally a good idea to maintain continuity of care and stay with your operating surgeon. We all have times where we need to do revisions or explain certain outcomes to our patients. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

You do have a contour abnormality. This may improve, but that depends on several factors. 1. How long after surgery you are now - some improvement should be seen over time. 2 Is there residual fat around the umbilicus that can be removed?  3. What was the technique of removal - Vaser, laser or traditional?You should bring your concerns up to the treating surgeon.  Good Luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon