Would this mole be pre-cancerous? (Photo)

I have a mole just below my jawline that has been growing for 20 years. My father had the same type of mole about 2 inches away from where mine is located and his turned out to be melanoma. How much should it cost to remove mine? Thanks much. Bob

Mole removal

Thank you for your question. I cannot comment on the cost of removing moles because multiple factors affect the cost such as the size of the lesion, type of closure (aka stitches and technique), your insurance and deductible, laboratory fees, etc. With that being said, I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your lesion evaluated especially with your family history of melanoma. Take care and good luck.