Am I a candidate for breast implants?

If I have tend to overheal and get granulated stitches and skin would I still be a good candidate for breast implants? Or would this likely be a problem?

Anyone can have implants

and you are no exception... but you will have to accept scarring to have it done and there is always a chance you could have worse scarring than desired.  But you are a candidate if you truly desire to be larger and fuller.

Am I a candidate for breast implants?

It is not necessarily the case to develop hypertrophic or excess healing or scar formation on the skin if you have a breast augmentation procedure.  Consult a Plastic Surgeon and discuss the option of incision placement and methods of scar formation prevention.

Fred Suess, MD

Candidate for breast implants

You are potentially a candidate for breast implants.  I would recommend you consult with a plastic surgeon who can take a detailed medical history and examine you.  He or she can then more accurately discuss the pros and cons and likelihood of success of breast augmentation in you.

David S. Chang, MD

Are you a candidate for a BI?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Am I a candidate for breast implants?

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person and be very realistic about your potential cosmetic result. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for breast implants?

Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Am I a BA candidate

Thanks for your question. Without knowing specifics and not seeing pictures of previous scars it's impossible to give you specific recommendations. With that said there are many different types of sutures that can be used, some are much less reactive than others. Please consult with several Board Certified Plastic Surgeons to get options and facts. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Candidate for breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  You would need to consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons for a  complete evaluation and to determine if you are a candidate for the breast augmentation procedure.  Best wishes!

Photos for best advice

Thanks for the question. To give you the best advice of what you should perform I recommend you to send your photos to us.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Am I A Candidate For Breast Implants?

Obviously, multiple pictures of your breast from different angles, your medical history, and a face to face consultation would improve the chances of any Board Certified plastic surgeon answering your question of candidacy.

That being said, it appears from the one piece of medical information you provided is that you potentially have a wound healing problem.  At times, wound healing problems on the skin are also related to scar formation around breast implants.  If this is true, then you may in fact be a poor candidate for breast implantation because you may be a set up for a capsular contracture.  On the other hand, some individuals can get excessive scarring or wound healing problems on the skin surface which are completely unrelated to the post operative scarring around one's breast implant.

At this point, I suggest you pose this very valid question to one or more Board Certified plastic surgeons during an in person consultation.