How do i get rid of this scar? (photo)

I had a pimple here and i put something on it that i shouldnt have. How do i get rid of it. By the way ive has it for two years now. Its not flat, its a little bit deep.

Doctor Answers 5

Pimple scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are a number of procedures that can make your scar less noticeable.  Some successful procedures that we have offered are microneedling, fillers like Bellafill, subcision (which is releasing or cutting scar beneath the skin to allow it to raise upwards), fat grafting, laser resurfacing,dermabrasion, and/or chemical peels.  Of course it helps to let patients know that scars can never be fully erased, just improved upon and made less noticeable.  Finally, scar excision may be a way to make a scar less noticeable.

Southport Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Indented forehead scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Indented forehead scars can be improved with microneedling, fractional RF and laser, subcision, and fillers. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Indented Acne Scars May Be Elevated With Subcision & Filler & Blended With A Dermastamp

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The photo is not sharp, but the scar looks like an indented (depressed, atrophic) acne pock scar. Such scars can be elevated by subcision, with or without the addition of a filler to yield immediate elevation and to further stimulate new, native collagen formation (neocollagenesis, neoelastogenesis).

Once elevated, if the surface of the scar requires it, medical microneedling, using a Dermastamp, may be used to blend the color and texture of the surface of the scar with the surrounding normal skin.

For more information on these techniques, check out the archives of, and be sure to seek consultation and treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in scar treatments.

Best of luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Forehead Scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
this can be treated with microneedling/PRP, lasers, fillers. I suggest you see an expert in lasers and scars.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Indented Scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The indented scar can be effectively filled in with a filler like Restylane or Juvederm.  Please consult an expert.  Lasers such as Fraxel can help as well. Best, Dr. Green

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.