How long after lollipop lift and 375 saline partial under implants can I play soccer? (photo)

I'm now a c-d. I went fairly modest in my view because I'm a soccer player/runner. My question is when would you recommend to your patients to play soccer again? . He did already say I could begin to lightly jog around 4-6 weeks, while listening to my body and wearing a compression sports bra. Soccer is much more than a light jog. Sprints, sometimes contact... what would you recommend? This picture is off my breasts after 1 week.

Soccer After Combination Breast Augmentation Best Lift

Recovery times following breast augmentation and breast lift surgery vary from patient to patient. These times are significantly impacted by the nature of the procedure, the patient's employment and the patient's social situation. It's important to realize that even though these procedures are for cosmetic purposes, they do have risks and the potential for complications. For this reason, premature return to normal activity can result in an increased incidence of complications.

We generally recommend light activity for the first week following the procedure. After one week, patients are allowed to gradually resume normal non-strenuous activities. Strenuous activities and heavy lifting aren't allowed for at least 6 to 8 weeks, in most cases. Soccer and other activities that have the potential for direct trauma to the breast should be avoided for 2 to 3 months following surgery. It's important to go slowly at first and listen to your body. At 3 months, most patients are able to resume all of their normal activities, including soccer.

It's important to remember that every patient is unique. The specifics of their employment, exercise routine and surgical procedure will have a significant impact upon their recovery. Make sure you discuss this issue with your surgeon. Your surgeon's insights regarding your procedure will provide important information regarding when you can resume soccer. Your breast procedure represents a significant investment. The best way to protect that investment is to follow your surgeon's post-operative routine and instructions.

Wait time for sports after BA with Breast Lift

To be safe for elite athletes that do intensive exercises, I would wait a few more weeks until 8 weeks have passed. That would apply to playing soccer.

Soccer playing after breast lift plus implants.

With normal healing and no complications or concerns of any kind, I tell my patients that after 6 weeks there are NO restrictions (other than tanning beds and nude beaches) as long as they resume their strenuous activities GRADUALLY.

The problem with soccer is even more than sprints or contact--sometimes it involves significant contact, falls, kicks to various parts of the body, and pretty significant cardio!

So, ask your surgeon (again) and start gradually to avoid problems. Sounds like his previous answer was right on, but you are concerned that you will "overdo" it. Thus, "listen to your body!" Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift recovery and sports

I generally advise no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 4-5 weeks.  In terms of playing soccer, you are 2 months after surgery.   I think you are fine to return to sports as tolerated.   However, I would ask your plastic surgeon about his/her specific recommendations as they are most familiar with your procedure.

Return to soccer

Due to the potential roughness of the sport and potential contact I would suggest a minimum of 6 weeks and likely 8 would be better. Of course a good support jog bra is a must.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi Tanya,
You look like you have great healing and are nice and high and tight.  Sure, follow your doctors orders.  If the light jogging at 4 weeks go OK, pick up your whole routine and start soccer when you are cleared by your PS.  We actually turn patients loose at three weeks if they have normal healing and are up to it.  You did good to stay conservative because you are so athletic.  Also, since your breast tissue tends to relax, be sure to wear good support when working out.  All the best as the new you!  "Dr. Joe"

Return to Sports after Saline Breast Implants Under the Muscle and Lollipop Lift

Thank you for your questions and photo. You should follow the post op instructions of your surgeon. If he says light jogging at the four to six week mark, you can expect something as intense as soccer to be longer. I usually release my patients to full activity somewhere around six weeks. Each patient is different. Be patient now and give yourself time to fully recover. Good luck.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Soccer after augmentation mastopexy

Thank you for your question.  It is always best to follow the advice of your  plastic surgeon.  Because soccer can be a contact sport, I would recommend a minimum of 6 weeks prior to playing.  Your surgeon may have a different preference and therefore it is best to ask him/her.
Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon