Last week I got my nasolabial fold done and by the evening I had a lump on my upper lip right at the middle point.

I went and saw my injector and she said it was a plugged saliva duct and she pricked it with a needle and said that should help, it hasn't . I've had Juvederm in my nasolabial folds many times and never had this happen. I could feel a lump right under my nose from inside my mouth with my tongue starting about 30 minutes after injection and then within a couple hours it started to move down into my upper lip. Any ideas what going on? It's been almost a week and it's still there

Nasalabial Fold lump

Sometimes the filler can find a channel under the skin and migrate.  Best to wait a few weeks then have it reassessed by your provider and potentially have it dissolved with a bit of hyaluronidase

Thanks for your query.
It is most likely to be a collection of your filler. Try massaging it but not too much, if it doesn’t help you can get hynidase injected over there by your injector and it will go away. Hope it helps.
All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm injection to nasolabial folds and complication

It seems that the filler was misplaced or that it has migrated. Either way, I would probably wait 1-2 weeks to see if things improve. If not, the filler will probably need to be reversed using hyaluronidase.

Post filler injection-lumpiness

Hi and thanks for posting your experience.I agree with a few of the other physicians who have responded to this query-you may very well be experiencing filler migration. It is reasonable to wait 2 weeks to allow for the majority of swelling to subside and then be assessed for possibly needing hyaluronidase (dissolving enzyme) injection. 

Rachel Streu, MD

Last week I got my nasolabial fold done and by evening I had a limb in the upper lip right in the middle.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your filler results have not been what you anticipated.  Based on your narrative either improper placement or filler migration has caused your upper lip filler lump.  I know waiting is difficult but allow your results two weeks to mature and the filler to soften.  If the lip filler remains after this time and continues to bother you talk to your injector about having it dissolved.  Hope this helps.

Swelling After Fillers, Wait 2 weeks and Reverse If Unhappy

I suggest waiting a few weeks, if this doesnt resolve consider reversing the filler.  Best, dr. Emer.