I have a sore on the inside of my nose. Is it BCC?

I had a biopsy done on very small spot on outside of my nose. Now I have a sore on the inside of my nose. Could this be bcc also

It depends where it is in your nostril

Hi Judy. Greetings from the UK! The lower part of your nostril does have normal skin and so yes there is a risk of BCC formation here. It's fairly low theoretically due to the fact that it's hidden from sun exposure. You have nasal mucosa with the nasal cavity itself though. If you're worried then go to see an ENT surgeon/ otolaryngologist who'll be able to examine it with a nasal endoscope. Best wishes David

Birmingham Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sore Inside of Nose. Could it be Basal Cell Carcinoma

Best option is to see a doctor and have him/her examine the lesion. If it is suspicious, it can be biopsied. The likelihood that it is a skin cancer is low; however, with your history of skin cancer on the outside of the nasal ala  the risk is a little greater. Don't worry. Just have someone examine the area

Andrew Kaufman, MD