Worried about painful bruise after tummy tuck? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck with lipo two weeks ago and I had the normal brushing from the lipo on my hips which has now dropped down to my buttocks and has formed a hard warm painful knot. Is this normal? What should I do to help the pain? I do have a follow up in two weeks, should I wait or call my doctor now? Thanks for your time

Early post op, some advices :

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Post op Bruising

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. It is normal for bruising to descend to lower parts of your body based on gravity. However if you notice increased swelling and pain in any area contact your PS to be seen ASAP. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Swollen knot

This sounds like blood has migrated down along with gravity, and formed a firm and inflammatory area which should resolve with warm compresses and massage.  However, this represents a change in your postoperative course, along with symptoms, and it is always good form that a plastic surgeon see his or her patient in this scenario.  I would encourage you to move your appointment up, for reassurance, and to rule out any complications, though very unlikely.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Worried about painful bruise after tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph. Though some fluid rundown as a result of gravity is expected but as this knot is large, warm, and painful I would advise seeing your surgeon sooner than later from a safety and mental reassurance point of view.  I hope this helps.