Wanting to switch big implants for smaller implants. Help!!

I had breast augmentation and lift done 6 years ago, saline 475cc's and am a 32DDD. I am 5'3, 120 lbs and would like to be a 32C for a better look on my frame. I am just unsure what CC I should get. I was thinking 350-375cc's?

I don't think going from a 475 mL implant to a 350 or 375 mL implant will reduce you from a 32 DDD to a 32 C cup. My guess, without the opportunity of a personal examination, would be something like a 250 mL implant would achieve your goals. But take this advice with a grain of salt, because you definitely need a personal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the implant size to meet your expectations. Going from a triple D to a C cup may require a mastopexy (uplift), because of the possibility of loose or excess skin.. Your plastic surgeon will help you decide if this is your best option. Thank you for your interesting question, and best of luck to you.

Wanting to switch big implants for smaller implants.

Thank you for your question.  I would start with a face to face consultation and exam, measuring your dimensions and evaluating your tissue characteristics should help you and your surgeon reconcile your desires with what your tissues will accommodate. There are several sizing options that your surgeon can review with you. You should have thorough education and understanding of your options. These are decisions that should be made as team of educated patient and knowledgeable, skilled surgeon.  Begin with a face to face consultation with a a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience with this area. After your consultation they should be able to let you know your options. Once you know your options then you can decide if it makes sense to have surgery. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing implants

Without a photograph ,it's hard to make any recommendations as to size of implants. Please understand that the ending breast volume is what you started with plus anything you add with an implant  And bhis combination is different in every patient. When going down several cup sizes, it may be necessary to not only reduce some skin but also reduce the size of the capsule. I would find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your region with competence in revision breast surgery. best of luck. B

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Wanting to switch big implants for smaller implants. Help!

Thank you for the question.  Keep in mind, as you are thinking about your goals, that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for. Additional breast lifting may or may not necessary. Much will be dependent on your physical examination; specifically, factors such as the amount of redundant skin and quality of skin elasticity will be important. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary, specifically downsizing, breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Size

I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns. You might consider going down to 250-300 cc's, but seeing the difference might give you a better understanding in the size difference.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon