Possible infection? (photos)

i will be five weeks post up tomorrow and a few days ago after a shower I lost a scab. Under was this whitish yellow color issue. It does not hurt and has no bad smell but the color has me worried and I'm not sure how to help it close or treat it. It's quite small it's really the color that's bothering me. Could it be infected or is this simply tissue growing back?

Wound

it is not an infection.  It is a small wound that should contract and close in 1 week or 2.  Apply Abx ointment to it for now.  

A scab on on your tummy tuck suture line.

Greetings,  A scab on your suture line 5 weeks after surgery is likely to be a suture which has not yet been absorbed.   Make a follow-up appointment with your plastic surgeon to see if this needs attention.   Sometimes, an exposed suture needs removal to speed up healing.   Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Infection

Thank you for the question and the photos. At five weeks out you are looking great! That small area may be a suture spitting. This is when an absorbable stitch (used to close the deep tissue layers) migrates to the surface. Unless the suture is totally buried, it will not break down and thus, spits. It is nothing to worry about. Your surgeon can snip that suture with a scissor at any time. Hope this helps allay your concern.Best wishes,Dr. Morrissey

Possible infection?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your tummy tuck.  It appears that you had a small area of incision separation or a stitch that worked its way to your skin surface.  There is no evidence of infection based on your photographs and your body should heal this quickly from the inside-out.  Be sure to let your surgeon know as they may want to follow you along closely to ensure complete recovery.  Hope this helps.

Infection post op

From your photos this looks like you might be spitting out a suture which is not uncommon.Most of the time the sutures dissolve in your body but sometimes they spit out.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Possible infection

Thank you for your question. It is not an infection. You may have a suture underling. It should heal with local wound care once suture removed. Please check with your PS

Not an infection

It appears that you are extruding one of the absorbable sutures that was used to close your incision. This area should heal fine with minor wound care. Sometimes the suture material needs to be removed in order for things to heal. This can easily be done in the office. Follow up with your surgeon. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Possible infection

Thank you for your question and photographs. From the look of your photographs and what you have described, I have no reason to believe it is an infection. It is most likely a suture that has migrated. It is important for you to schedule an appointment with your surgeon for a physical examination to rule out any other complications and fix the suture if that is what the problem is. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon