I had Silicone 1000 put into a few depressed scars and cheek on one side of my face. Can I used my NuFace machine?

The NuFace machine I use for a temporary lift around my jowl and cheek area, can I use this machine with the Silicone type of filler also Botox, radiesse etc.? Would it move anything or cause it to diminish?

Silikon 1000 and Uses with Lasers

There is no interaction with lasers or energy based devices if you previously had silikon to acne scars.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

The effect of micro-current treatment on facial scars treated with silicone is unknown.

There is little research to suggest that micro-current technology helps increase collagen production. In that regard, it would not likely affect scars treated with silicone, but we have not seen such an interesting question or clinical scenario.

Micro-current technology is used  to tone facial muscles but there are no clinical studies to date demonstrating  anti aging benefits. The technology has been available for more than 50 years,

NuFace Trinity may be useful in preparing the skin for deeper skin care product penetrating.

Thank you for this question. You may consider spending less time with the micro current over the areas treated with silicone until you're confident you will not see any changes.

Hope this helps.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silikon 1000 and NuFace machine

I do not believe that there will be any problem using your NuFace machine after having the Silikon 1000 injections.  Of course, it would be best for you to consult with your doctor who did the injections for his/her opinion.  Personally, I have found Silikon 1000 to be an almost ideal filler for the treatment of depressed acne scars.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon