Why are my boobs so flat? (Photo)

I had a breast lift and implant exchange a week ago, where did my boobs go? I had a lot of natural breast tissue also, so I was a FULL DD. Why are they so flat? Is this normal? I got back on Wednesday for post op. Old implants: 380 saline under muscle New: 485 silicone above muscle

Why are my boobs so flat?

You appear to have a nice result.  When you remove the excess skin of a droopy breast it makes the breast smaller.  Your surgeon has replaced the loss with a bigger implant.With time, the skin adjacent to the implant will be less swollen and the flatness you describe will improve.  Give it some time.  

Why are the breast flat?

Without more information such as prior photos and description of what was done, it's hard to make decisive impressions about what's seen in the photos. Usually, when a breast lift with implants are done, the tension of the skin, if more vertical than horizontal, does produce a flattening appearance of the bottom pole of the breast. With gravity, and settling of both the gland and implant, the upper pole will flatten somewhat in the lower pole will fill. This may take several months. Be patient. From what I can see, I think your result will be great.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast shape

Your breasts look reasonably normal right after surgery.  Yes, there is some flattening anytime you remove skin but over time the lower pole will settle and a more a natural shape will exhibit itself.  Without seeing the before pictures it is premature to judge the projection.  

John Y.S. Kim, MD, FACS

Flat Boobs

Good evening!
I suspect you have a good bit of swelling which is distorting the true shape of your breasts. Give it about 12 weeks to really shape up, and you will most likely see a lot of improvement in that time! Otherwise you could switch to implants with a greater projection if you aren't happy at the 12 week mark!

Where did your breasts go

This is a difficult question to answer without knowing all of the details of your surgery. During the lift procedure your surgeon likely removed some breast tissue to help shape the breast. Switching from a 380cc under muscle to a 485 above muscle will clearly give you nearly a cup size increase in implant projection(assuming they were same/similar projection). This question would be best answered by your plastic surgeon whom performed the operation