My 7 year old son has a dog bite scar on his face. What is the best removal method or treatment?

My concern is the pigment is much darker then his regular skin we are Indo Canadian ( Fijian) so have a brown skin tone but his scar almost looks like he has chocolate on his face.

Dark Scar Corrector for pigmentation of scars - Plato's

Dark discoloration is common in scars. Our office specializes in scar therapy and we would recommend early treatment with Plato's Medicinals Dark Scar Corrector cream to reduce pigmentation and PIH> 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Scar revision

I would advise that you seek the opinion of a dermatologic surgeon with expertise in fractional laser therapy, i.e. for Fraxel laser can be very beneficial for both unwanted discoloration and scars . Fraxel is safe to use on all skin types. A less expensive ,albeit less successful modality would be micro needling coupled with topical skin lighteners and collagen stimulators.

Christine Brown, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar revision

Christine Brown, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon