Will my wisdom tooth be tough to extract? (photo)

my dentist said it's growing in the bone

Impacted wisdom tooth...

Some dentists may describe this tooth as difficult to extract, but at my office, this is a simple case of an impacted wisdom tooth that may be fused to bone.  I would use insert an I.V. into your arm or hand and provide sedation for this procedure.  It would involve cutting a flap and likely, sectioning (cutting) the tooth into two or more piece to remove it.  I would recommend that you go to a cosmetic dentist that holds an I.V. sedation license in addition to their current dental license and is also very experienced in this type of extraction.  An oral surgeon is another option, but would likely cost you about 3 times the cost that a sedation dentist would charge you.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD

Saint Louis Dentist

Wisdom tooth extraction

That is called Impacted wisdom tooth, or third molar. The situation and the nature of the area where wisdom teeth on mandibular bone, its a very delicate procedure. The bone type that haves the mandibular angle its 4, the weakest. You should go yo an Oral Surgeon Specialist or a Maxillofacial surgeon, that procedure involves the use of open flap surgical extraction. You must not treat that with a general dentist.

By the way, if its not giving you any pain, and doesnt have odontogenicus cyst or any other kind of cyst or tumoral tissue you can leave it like that. Not all Wisdom teeth have to be extracted.

Jose Alonso, MD, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist