My wife was diagnosed with implant associated seroma ALCL earlier this year and had the implants removed?

My wife was diagnosed with imlant associated seroma ALCL earlier this year and had the implants removed.She is not at all happy with the aftermath. Is there any literature or recommendations regarding implant replacement?

I am sorry to hear about the problems your wife has experienced. Although I am not familiar with any specific literature about the use of breast implants after this diagnosis is made and treatment provided, I am interested in the question and will be performing a literature search. Hopefully, I will be able to return to your question within a week for a better response (info@pousti.com).

Breast Implants

ALCL is a very rare condition after breast implants.

Agree with Dr. Pousti, I am not aware of any reimplantation of breast implant after the diagnosis of ALCL. The cure rate is very high after explant and complete removal of the capsule. I hope you wife is completely cured.

In cases like this, in my patients, I would recommend not having another breast implant.

I may consider fat transfer after waiting at least one year from complete cure.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com