My Two Year Old Son Just Got Stitches on His Arm and I Notice That the Area is Red and It Has a Lump. It's That Normal?

Recovery after stitches in a child

The fullness may represent a few things, some normal and others that may require future scar revision. The bump may be a result of a hematoma, swelling, suture reaction, or tissue irregularity. 

Recovery after stitches in a child

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Redness and “Lump” after Laceration Prepare?

The area of “redness and lumpiness” may or may not be normal after suture repair. Follow-up with your plastic surgeon is indicated to rule out infection.