I was a saggy A cup, just had surgery and I'm not happy with the shape. Will I have a better shape when they heal? (photos)

I was a saggy 34A before surgery. I had 550cc hp smooth silicone. Im not fond of my shape. It looks very fake like torpedoes instead of the natural teardrop shape. Will they look better soon? Is there anything I can do to achieve this, and faster?

I was a saggy A cup, just had surgery and I'm not happy with the shape. Will I have a better shape when they heal?

You need to re post better photos!!!! Can not even start to advise or recommend anything in this area until we can see exactly what you appear like.... 

Fresh breast augmentation post-op

It is too early to tell it looks like you just had surgery within the let day or so. The breasts will undergo many changes over the next several weeks to months. Be patient and good luck.

Shape will improve

Thank you for the pictures. Your early recovery. Looks like you had a lollipop lift with your implants. The lollipop lift will settle and soften over the next several months your breast shape will change for the better.

Beast Shape Immediate After Surgery

We live in an unfortunate time.  Due to the speed of information via texting, internet etc. people have come to believe that everything is instant.  Nothing could be farther from the truth when it comes to plastic surgery. 

For a standard breast augmentation I tell all of my patients, at their consultation, that it takes about 3 months for the breasts to settle.  I even tell them that they won't remember me telling them this and that at their first postoperative visit they will ask me if "this is how they're going to look?"  They all ask the question. 

Patience, Patience, Patience.  If you're concerned about the look after 6 months then you can discuss it further with your surgeon.  Until then there is no point.  It takes time for the breast tissue to stretch and thin over the implant.  You should be looking great by the fall.

Breast augmentation

If you have just had your breast augmentation then you need to be patient.  Your swelling will settle and the tissue will stretch a bit.  This will give your breasts a more natural shape over time.  If you have any concerns you should see your plastic surgeon.  If they are anything like me they would want to assess you and reassure you.
Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Breast shaped after surgery

You are being impatient. You obviously just had surgery. It takes time for the skin to stretch and the body to accommodate the large implant.

Please take care of yourself, follow up with your doctor, and be patient. The shape of the implant will continue to improve.

Three to Four Months After Breast Augmentation

Your breasts will become natural in appearance as swelling resolves and the implants settle. Allow for about 3-4 months for this to occur.

Change with time

Drs. Haws and Morgan are absolutely correct. Even better, you will start to see more pleasing changes over the next few weeks which should provide reassurance.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Breast swelling after surgery

I know you are impatient and anxious to see your final result, but unfortunately everyone has to wait a minimum of three months to get an idea about their final breast shape after augmentation.  It looks like your pictures have been taken In the immediate post op period, if that is the case then I would say you are on track to have an excellent result. I usually tell patients that if an augmentation looks immediately perfect, then when the swelling goes down the result will be too saggy and loose. Just give yourself time and I think you will be very pleased.   There is no way to rush healing, it takes as long as it takes which is a minimum of 3 months with a submuscular aug. Best of luck. 

Melinda Haws, MD

Concers about Implants Post op

Thank you for your question about breast augmentation and healing.

Healing takes more time than people expect and it can be discouraging.
  • You are still swollen and things take time to heal.  Usually it takes up to three months for the implants to settle down.  As the swelling goes away, the implant softens and looks more natural.
  • You will need at least six months to see your final result.
  • If you have serious concerns, it is important to see your plastic surgeon because she/he knows exactly what was done for you.

If you have lost faith in your surgeon, consider a second opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.Go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeon's website to find qualified surgeons near you.Hope this helps.  Best Wishes.

B