Question About Tightness, Hardening & Bruising of Areas. I Can Barely Stand Up-right and It Burns. is This Normal? (photo)

I am 44 5"7 188 lbs. I have an accumulation of stubborn apron fat in my lower abdomen/hip area. Surgeon's opinion: if I were to weigh 130 lbs this area would go down at most 3 inches. I'm small everywhere else decided liposuction would help me be a tummy tuck candidate. Dr. is staggering the procedure. I'm 4 days post op, next procedure the day after tomorrow. I'm bruised tight hardened & hunched over. Should I wait for pt 2 of the procedure? Was not expecting pain like this. 3.5 liters removed.

Would wait until swelling has subsided before proceeding with abdominoplasty after liposuction.

In my practice I would wait until the swelling following the liposuction had substantially resolved before a staged abdominoplasty. Suctioning of the lower abdomen in anticipation of an abdominoplasty is unnecessary since all of that fat  is to be removed surgically anyway.

Question About Tightness, Hardening & Bruising of Areas. I Can Barely Stand Up-right and It Burns. is This Normal?

In my over the internet opinion WAIT!!! before having more surgery. At least 3 to 6 months to allow healing and swelling to subside!!! 

Please provide more information

Please send more information about the procedure done and what is planned to be done. If you had liposuction of the lower abdomen and are going to have abdominoplasty later on, I would get second opinion. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

I typically wait at least 3 months between a liposuction and tummy tuck procedure and perhaps longer depending upon the healing process.   I am not sure if this is the question being asked.                                                                                                                                            Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA