My question is what is the best conditions to allow for maximum results and symmetry after surgery?

for example if i have fairly localized golf ball type gyno and a low body fat % ( 9 or so.. ) along with a resistible but not extreme amount of muscle , will this mean the skin is more likely to heal evenly seeing as there is less excess or does the tighter skin lead to other complications , also if i would not categorize my gyno as severe, although is most certainly is solid and rubbery , will this reduce likley hood of notice able scars ?

How to Plan for Optimum Results

Three options exist for surgery. Smaller procedures can actually be done in the office with light oral sedation. Adolescents frequently do better with a light general #anaesthetic.Twilight or IV sedation are another great choice. All procedures are outpatient either in the office or a certified outpatients surgery facility.

The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. For instance, studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. Therefore, it is important for patients to be as close as possible to their normal body weight prior to surgery.
 Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

I think that patients who have reached a long-term stable weight,  who do not have any underlying  causative factors, are medically/psychologically/psychosocially stable, and have good overlying skin elasticity are the ideal candidates for correction of gynecomastia.    Of course, careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful execution of the procedure will also be of importance. Best wishes.

An exam would be helpful, but you can likely achieve a nice result

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures and male breast reductions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Gyno result

I love to operate on pTients like yourself because they are almost guaranteed to get a great result - make certain you are operated on by a gynecomastia expert

Frederic H. Corbin, MD