My Pubic Area is Protruded..Can I Get my Pubic Area Like Other Normal Girls Through Surgery?

Im 22 and my body weight is 38 kg i've always been thin, I never gained weight more than this. My pubic bone is hard and protruded can't wear tight skirts or pants... and it looks so bad I just think about it day and night i've always been depressed and felt different than other girls...... Help me.... Please..

Doctor Answers 8

Prominent Pubic Bone in Thin Women

You didn't give your height, but unless you are shorter than 4'8" you are severely underweight for an adult female. In your present condition, the pubic bone, ribs, hips, etc will appear quite prominent because of a general lack of subcutaneous fat. Your best course of action includes working with a nutritionist and a healthcare professional who specializes in identifying, managing and counseling any eating disorders and body image issues.

Jersey City OB/GYN
4.7 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Protruded Pubic Area

If the problem is fat, then liposuction could help, but if the problem is boney I'm afraid that there is little to offer.

Howard N. Robinson, MD (retired)
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 62 reviews

My Pubic Area is Protruded..Can I Get my Pubic Area Like Other Normal Girls Through Surgery?

Yes. The protrusion of the pubic area, usually due to a lipodystrophy of the area and usually just liposuction in the area should be enough.  Occasionally, there may be some excess tissue in the area as well.  This may be solved by a small excision in the area to give a better shape.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

There is hope for a prominent pubic area!

The mound of the pubic area, called the mons pubis, can often protrude regardless of the patient's size.  I am often asked to treat this area with liposuction, usually when I am concurrently treating the abdominal area.  If the area is predominantly protruding due to fat (more so than bony protrusion or naturally thickened skin), the results can be very good! Consult your surgeon in person for an evaluation to determine if you are a good candidate for liposuction.  Wishing you the best!

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 219 reviews

Pubic reduction?

An evaluation in person would be helpful to determine if the pubic area is more fatty than anything else. If it is bony then it there is probably nothing to do for it.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Bony Pubic Protrusion

If the pubic protrusion is bony, there would be nothing to do for it. Pubic reduction can only be done if it is a fatty mound which can be treated by liposuction. Submitting photos of the problem can give a more exact answer.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

Pubic area protruted

  it  would  really    be   a  big  help  if  you   post  some  pictures ,   because    if  it  is   your bone   there is  not  much to    do   with   it ,   just    gain   weight   to make     the  contour   of  the  area    more  armonic   with   you r   body   but  is   hard   to  give  an opinion   with no  pictures 

Cynthia Disla, MD
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 92 reviews

My Pubic Area is Protruded..Can I Get my Pubic Area Like Other Normal Girls Through Surgery?

       At your weight, it would be hard to imagine that liposuction would generate much of a result,   but a physical examination or pictures could quickly ascertain this.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                                                        Los Angeles, CA                           

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 496 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.