My PS Told Me my Chest Will Contract More. Is There Any Hope for a Flatter Chest Than This?

I had gynecomastia surgery about 8 weeks ago and while Im pleased that the fat is gone from my chest. I'm kinda disappointed the chest still looks very saggy. Em 20 years old and lost 100 lbs. Will my chest contract more as he said or is this the final results?

What to Expect after Gynecomastia Surgery

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Gynecomastia

After loosing 100 lb. your skin has stretched and lost elasticity.

Your breast skin after gynecomastia may still shrink a little but not much. You have a lot of excess skin and need skin excision surgery.