Can You Make my Profile Look Almost Like It Did Before? (photo)

Hello , i had rhinoplasty a year ago to de project my nose slightly. I have no idea what the surgeon did but my nose now looks like this (see after pic) Is it possible to make it look close to what it looked before?

Doctor Answers 9

Options for Improvement

As some others have mentioned, it appears that too much of the nasal dorsum or bridge was removed. The best permanent solution would be revision rhinoplasty with grafting of the dorsum and tip-plasty to improve the rounded look. In the interim, injection of fillers into this area will give you more dorsal fullness and an idea what secondary surgery can do. For off-the shelf fillers I prefer Radiesse due to it's thicker consistency and longevity

Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Can You Make my Profile Look Almost Like It Did Before?

Thanks for the posted photos. You have a supra tip deformity. Only revision surgery can improve. seek in person opinions. 

Darryl J. Blinski, MD
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 173 reviews

Revision rhinoplasty


It looks like too much of your dorsal hump was removed and maybe some bad tip work. You will require nasal dorsal grafting to elevate your bridge and maybe some tip cartilage reconstruction.



Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 272 reviews

Restoring Profile of Nose After Poor Rhinoplasty

HI Laura,

I am sorry to see that your rhinoplasty surgeon removed too much of your upper 2/3 dorsum.  Your nose will require cartilage grafting of your dorsum at the time of your revision rhinoplasty.  If you are not yet ready for surgery again, you may be a candidate for "non-surgical rhinoplasty" with a filler.  Most importantly, choose your revision rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully!  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P 

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

Revision Rhinoplasty

 You had a good pretty good nasal shape preoperatively.  It appears by the after photo that an excessive amount of removal of your native tissue was done.  This should be rebuilt by your own cartilage.  Cartilage can come from your nose, your ears or your ribs and, in some cases, bone is needed from your skull.  These are used because they give good results.  As was noted in a prior answer, the experience level of your surgeon is critical in this case.  I would be very careful in vetting potential surgeons. Stay away if you get any inclination that your surgeon is not an expert in rhinoplasty.

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 108 reviews

Nasal issue

Using grafts may be able to approximate your old nose.  An assessment in person would be key to determine what can be achieved.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Improving Profile after Rhinoplasty

You can restore a stronger nasal profile; I agree with your assessment. For the past 35 years I've used the patient's own cartilage in this situation to achieve a stronger but defined profile.  

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Rhinoplasty revision for very poor result.

Yes you can have a much better nose than what you have.  Your bridge is too low combined with a poly beak. Your tip is not supported. This must be done by a very experienced surgeon.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

Return to Previous Nose with Revision Rhinoplasty

   I would have to see multiple views or examine you, but with cartilage grafts used in several ways the former nose can be reapproximated.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.