What are my best options to fix a breast lift I am unhappy with? (photo)

I had a breast lift 3 months ago, to me all it looks like is that they are now a full cup size smaller, they are still saggy. The right breast has a large hard lump and no feeling still, and it is always cold. I know it takes 6 months to heal, but I can't see time making this look better. I'm very unhappy with the results. When I see my surgeon next what options should I consider to fix this? In other words what is suggested that I ask or say to my surgeon about this?

Breast Lift Problem

In my opinion, breast implants will make your breasts rounder, fuller, and give you some cleavage. You may also need a little revision to the breast lift depending how the implants change the shape and dimensions of the breast. Consult your surgeon and discuss your options.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with mastopexy results

and understandably so since your provided photos.  Its always best to let your surgeon know of your thoughts and to obtain options on what can be done to make them better.  Revisions are always possible but some doctors will charge again and others will charge only for facility and anesthesia fees.  If your doctor is experienced and has had great results on others, it could just be a 'bad day' but again revisions can make things better.  If you opted for an office procedure over an OR procedure, this may be a reflection of what can and cannot be done when you are asleep.  Your surgeon should be as motivated as you are for the best possible result as social media can be very unkind as the facts are displayed.  But the bottom line, revisions can make your results better.

Curtis Wong, MD

What are my best options to fix a breast lift I am unhappy with?

Best to communicate exactly what makes you “unhappy” and what you would like to achieve with your plastic surgeon, assuming your plastic surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon. Make sure also that he/she can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of results you would be pleased with.

Once you have communicated your goals, your plastic surgeon will be able to advise you about the best way to achieve them. Additional skin  envelope tightening and/or the use of breast implants may become necessary, again depending on exactly what your goals are.

If you have doubts about your plastic surgeon's abilities, you may benefit from 2nd opinion consultations in person with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Dissatisfied after breast lift. What to do?

I am so sorry you are disappointed with your surgical result; I would be also. Frankly, a full Wise-pattern (anchor incision) breast lift WAS the proper plan, but you also had inadequate breast volume and should have had no more than one ounce of tissue (skin) from each breast removed during the (proper) performance of a breast lift. Losing one full cup size means 200g or more of breast tissue was likely removed from each breast. This was not necessary. and is a significant contributor to your dismal result.

This IS a really poor result, and I question whether your surgery was performed by an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon. The design seems misapplied to your anatomy, and technical execution seems suboptimal. Too much tissue was removed when you needed all you had, and perhaps implants as well. I'm trying to be charitable here, since none of us, myself included, has received our Perfection Badge in the mail. But truly, this does fall outside the results you should anticipate from even an "average-capability" surgeon who does at least a few of these per year.

You may need additional surgery, and even if the revision was "free" to less expensive, I would question the wisdom of returning to this surgeon, especially if not an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon. Seek additional opinions as you wait for a full 6-12 months (longer is better, as scar tissue softens and matures), and plan on more surgery. This can indeed be better. Sorry. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Post Op

Based on your photos, you need a revision.  The anchor incision breast lift would have given you the best result.  Discuss your options with your surgeon your next appointment.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD