Which Would Be my Best Option: Full TT, Liposonix, Cool Sculpting, Liposuction or Overdue Mommy Make Over? (photo)

My twins are almost 20 and I am ready to do something for me. I think my abdominal muscles are broken. I was completely flat before the twins, but my stomach has never "snapped back"; I feel broken. I have had 2 medical spa consultations and they swear that they can remove inches from my waist with non-invasive procedures for about $5,000. I am thinking $5,000 would be more beneficial if I got the TT. Any advice would be appreciated. I uploaded a few photos. Thank you for your time.

You need a tummy tuck

Non surgical procedures are a waste of time and money! Your best option would be to try to lose about twenty pounds, then undergo a full tummy tuck by a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Which Would Be my Best Option: Full TT, Liposonix, Cool Sculpting, Liposuction or Overdue Mommy Make Over?

I think that you will get the most benefit from a complete abdominoplasty with muscle plication. This will rid you of the excess skin and tighten up your muscles. You may have some internal fat which will need to be addressed with diet and exercise.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

You need to make sure that you are getting consultations from Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons, because anyone who has told you they can give you a satisfactory result with anything other than an extended tummy tuck, probably was unqualified.  I don't know what an "Overdue Mommy Makeover" is and the other variations of liposuction are just a mouthful.  Yes they may be able to "remove inches from your waste" but will that be adequate?  I guarantee you it will be throwing money down the drain.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Needs a tummy tuck

You have excess fat and skin leading to hanging abdominal rolls.  The only treatment for this is a tummy tuck.  This will remove the excess and should leave you flat and tight.  Excess tissues around your back can be addressed with liposuction.  Don't be fooled by claims of superior results with the "latest and greatest" liposuction techniques: all liposuction does is create tunnels through fat.  When the tunnels collapse the contours collapse.  Any tool can be effective; the most important determining factor is the skill and experience of the had holding the tool.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon and be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures.  Avoid any procedure that promise to shrink skin with lasers or thermal stress

Tummy tuck versus liposuction

Thank you for your questions and pictures.  Remember, when you go to a medspa, they only have the less invasive options available and of course will tell you that they can make difference.  While they may be able to remove some subcutaneous fat with liposuction alone, you will not get a very good result.  The best bet for you is a tummy tuck.  Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon for an in person exam.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD

Appears as only surgery would achieve the results you desire. Best to see you in person with a boarded PS in your city. 

Tummy Tuck to repair abdomen after twin pregnancy

Thank you for your question and photos.

Unfortunately, pregnancy can damage your abdominal wall structures making it impossible for you to simply 'snap-back' to your pre-pregnancy shape on diet and exercise alone. I've published a couple of papers on the subject. Please feel free to research them so you can have a better understanding on how repairing your damaged/stretched/weakened abdominal structures can be beneficial in not only making you look better, but also in loosing the excess weight you have gained.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Definitely you are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction

Definitely you are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction, according to what you've described and what I can see in the pictures you have lots of cutaneous flaccidity on the abdomen, and a large diastasis or separation of the anterior abdominal muscles which causes globose abdomen and pendulum condition that can only be corrected by an abdominoplasty. the conservative nonsurgical treatment alone will give unsatisfactory results, I recommend you visit a plastic surgeon for an evaluation

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

Good candidate for a surgical abdominoplasty

With over hanging skin and an abdominal bulge you would be a good candidate for a surgical abdominoplasty.  Any other type of fat melting using non surgical methods, while appealing, will not offer you any long term result.  The abdominal bulge is due to skin, subcutaneous fat, anterior abdominal wall laxity and intra-abdominal fat.  An abdominoplasty will help with the first three conditions, diet and exercise are needed to loose intra-abdominal fat.  

In any actualized medical center ou should be sggested to loose no less than 30 lbs before hthinking any kind of surgery

sincerely i would suggest to loose no less than 30 lbs before start thinking any kind of surgery  for your own security

antes de pensar en cualquier operacion deberias bajar no menos de 30 lbs

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon