What Can i do about my nose? (photo)

I hate my nose. The dorsum part of my nose is slanted to one side. The sides of the tip of my nose are asymmetric. I believe this causes both sides of my face to look a lot different (one decent side one, horrible side). Please help.

Doctor Answers 7

Perhaps you want a rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I see what is bothering you.  Yes, generally a nose can be straightened.  A hump can usually be decreased and the nose made smaller.  You need a full and comprehensive evaluation of your nose. Such a consultation generally takes about an hour.  After that you would be a better position to make a decision.  You should see a rhinoplasty specialist. 

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Hump and Asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The nose like the face is asymmetric. Mild asymmetry is considered normal. However the nasal hump can be distracting and can be reduced with a rhinoplasty. If the nasal tip is improved in its definition with a tip plasty, you can still have asymmetry. This is important to understand as after surgery patients tend to notice even mild asymmetries. 
Dr. J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 126 reviews

What can I do about my nose?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He/she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you. This will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear, and serves as a great communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 49 reviews

Rhinoplasty candidate to correct a dorsal hump and high glabella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 Yes,you are a good candidate to perform a rhinoplasty procedure.  The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and needs to be shaved down high into the glabella area. Medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to straighten and narrow the bridge line. The tip of the nose can be made more symmetric with a combination of cartilage grafting or suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages.

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 157 reviews

What Can i do about my nose?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You would benefit from rhinoplasty surgery.  This procedure will reduce the hump on the bridge of your nose; thin the tip and give you an overall refinement to the shape of the nose. 

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

What Can I Do About My Nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The best thing you can do about your nose is to consult with a rhinoplasty specialist. That surgeon will talk to you about removing the hump, narrowing and defining your tip, and correcting the asymmetries.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

What Can I do about my nose?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
.The dorsum can be reduced and made more similar side to side.  The tip can be made more symmetric as well.  This can be done with a closed rhinoplasty without a visible scar.

Select a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year, has great reviews, and great before and after pictures.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.