Why does my nose look wider after revision rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I had revision on my nose few years ago and my nose looks now too wide. Is there anything that could be done to make it look narrower? Here are photos after my primary operation and after revision. As this would be my third operation is it even possible to correct this problem? Thank you!

Consult an experienced surgeon about third rhinoplasty possibility

Without knowing more details such as what your nose was like before the first rhinoplasty and what was done, I can't tell you why your nose appears wider. It is possible to have another revision rhinoplasty. However, revision rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging of all cosmetic surgeries, and each time a rhinoplasty is done, it becomes increasingly complex. Keep in mind that there are many factors involved, so your nose may not turn out exactly the way you want the fourth time either. If you do decide to have another rhinoplasty done, look for an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist who has a strong aesthetic sense and the talent and experience to refine the nose as needed. Bring reports and documentation from your previous procedures. And be sure to get second and third opinions.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bony width

Your tip appears close to appropriate size but the width of the central and upper nose appears wide.  Accordingly, this could likely be narrowed with a revision.  I suggest that you consult with a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty to review your concerns.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

It is always good to know what you looked like before surgery and what was done during surgery. Best to see in person with that information.  Good luck.

Revision rhinoplasty to narrow the nose

Prior to undergoing a third revision rhinoplasty, it's important to round up the previous operative reports to find out what procedures were performed at the first and second rhinoplasty procedures.  Bring this information with you and make at least 3 appointments with  very experienced rhinoplasty surgeons in your area. If spreader grafts were placed, this can make the nose appear more wide. Medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones can be performed to narrow the bridge line while tip suturing techniques may be an possible to narrow the tip further. For many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo  gallery