Is my nose becoming deviated, or is my nose just misshaped? (photos)

Just in the past 3-4 years have I noticed this difference. I did have an issue with the short side-I had a scab/scar for a bit and thought maybe the scar tissue shortened it. It's almost like one side is longer. I thought maybe my septum deviated.

Rhinoplasty

Your nasal contour curve is most likely due to a deviation of your septum. Gradual nasal changes are possible as a normal course of individual growth. An evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon will allow an accurate diagnosis of the problem and help with corrective recommendations.

Is my nose becoming deviated, or is my nose just misshaped?

Your nose does not need much, and a little asymmetry is not uncommon even in beautiful noses and beautiful faces.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Nasal deviation?

Improving the cosmetic appearance of the nose and subtlely refining its shape, yet having the result look natural, is a frequent request from patients seeking a rhinoplasty. There is a high probability that you have a deviated septum, but an examination of your nose would be necessary to determine what if anything should be done.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Deviated nose and septum.

Yes you have a deviated nose and septum. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses with good before/after photos for a straighter more attractive nose. The tip can be refined as well. 

Deviated Nose?

From your photos, it appears that your nose is deviated, but it appears it is deviated to the wide side of your face. Facial asymmetry is quite normal in almost all of the population. This is subtle and not likely to be a significant cosmetic issue, however, it can be related to your septum. This would need to be confirmed in person by a physician. 

You should see a board certified exeprinced nasal surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD

MarinAesthetics.com

Vincent P. Marin, MD