Is it my nose or cheeks? (photo)

I hate the way my nose looks when i smile. It seems to drop down and expand. - botox?

Nose and Smile Line

Your Photos are beautiful and I would encourage your to please stay away from any cosmetic procedure.  A tiny amount of injections may improve what you don't like.  You really do look wonderful and I would be careful about trying to correct this.

BOTOX Cosmetic for Nose Tip?

Your photos show a normal phenomenon. The muscles, bone and cartilage in our faces are dense and intricate, which is why so many parts of our faces, such as the tip of the nose, shift when we make an expression. We have had great success in our practice with non-invasive procedures such as filler and BOTOX for nose treatments. The nose is a complex structure, so it's important to take the time to find a practitioner who understands it well and the risks of treating it. If you're very bothered by the appearance of your nose, it's best to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty. Best of luck.

Jody Comstock, MD
Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

Don't like nose

This is the natural movement of the nose from the muscle that depresses the tip of the nose.
It can be more easily corrected with minor in-office surgery.
Botox can be given into the muscle to weaken it, however it must be very precisely done.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Dropping Nose When Smiling

This is a normal change in shape when smiling.  Your nose looks beautiful.  I wouldn't do any surgery, but if you go to someone who is experienced with Botox (neurotoxin) injections they can inject the nasal tip -- into the depressor septi nasi muscle -- and that may help release some of the droop when smiling.   I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Is it my nose or cheeks? (photo)

Will you be able post your profile picture with and without smiling? That will help me to answer you question better. Judging about what needs to be done on the basis of the front view picture only will ignore the third dimension of the nose which can only be seen on the profile views and looking. Viewing the profile is an integral part of the nose assessment.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Tip gets wider and drops with smiling.

Tip gets wider and drops with smiling. This is NORMAL. You have a beautiful nose--LEAVE IT ALONE! Unless you want to "participate in the learning curve" and have worse problems. 

Changes in nose when smiling

This is a common problem and the factors may be related to several issues. Botox may have some very slight benefit, but to improve it significantly, we usually need to add some more support to the tip and very subtly tuck in the nostril base. This is usually done during a tip rhinoplasty. 

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon